About Me

Hatch End Sixth Form candidate - 6303 Please note that you will have to click on older posts to see more of the evaluation

Thursday 10 May 2012

Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

This was our preliminary task

Looking back on the preliminary exercise, I have learnt many new techniques, filming wise, editing wise etc. We have learnt to use some techniques such as the 180 degree rule, shot reverse shot and match on action. In addition, I have progressed by learning to have a wider variety of camera angles. I used some videos on YouTube to help me understand these techniques in more depth. I also feel I have progressed editing wise, allowing me to make the motion picture flow more, increasing the use of continuity. I have also found that video editing software’s can sometimes be unreliable, meaning you have to continuously save it.   

These are the videos that helped me understand the techniques in more depth

I also used a small film video company called film riot who gave me some ideas about how to edit and some film techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment